Launch your career from home with the Blue Zoo virtual internship
- The Blue Zoo internship programme will be happening remotely in 2020
- There is an extended deadline for your application, due next Friday, 15th May 2020
- Successful interns will work collaboratively with each other and Blue Zoo professional staff to create a Blue Zoo Shorts film
- There will be internship positions available across divisions in 2D and 3D
- All interns will be paid London living wage of £405 a week
Blue Zoo is passionate about giving opportunities to animation industry newcomers. This year it’s proven challenging to offer onsite positions due to the current global situation. However, we’ve found a way to continue our annual internship programme and we hope it will provide an exciting opportunity for those who have never worked in the animation industry before.
Furthermore, we think we can make the internship process even more inclusive this year by embracing remote collaboration. This means the internships are now a viable option for people who were previously unable to relocate to London for the duration, so we have extended the deadline up to May 15th 2020 so more people can apply.
The Blue Zoo internship is ideal for those who have zero professional experience but have entry-level knowledge, such as those in 2nd year of University studying animation, who are chomping-at-the-bit to gain industry experience. These internships are also open to any talented artists over the age of 16, who have a real passion for animation and can provide examples of work they have created.
This programme will give you the opportunity to develop your artistic and creative skills while building direct experience by collaborating with the Blue Zoo team and other interns. You will be working on our latest “Blue Zoo Shorts” film, working with our computers, software, pipeline and renderfarm. This will be created over a remote desktop connection, so all you need is a computer and a stable internet connection. You don’t need to have a beefy 3D workstation at home!
The programme will take place over 6 weeks from July to August. Each internship will be paid the London Living Wage of £405 a week, so eligibility to work in the EU is required.
This year we have a number of internship positions across different CG and 2D animation disciplines. To apply you need to upload the following to your profile:
- Up to date showreel/portfolio and CV.
- A covering letter describing what you hope to get out of the internship and what you feel you will be bringing to the opportunity and to the team.
You can apply to each role on the Blue Zoo jobsite. Best of luck on your application!